Thursday 13 December 2012

Swatch - China Glaze Creative Fantasy (Cirque du Soleil Collection)

Finally I have managed to obtain a couple of polishes from the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil collection. I have been trying to get more from the Sally's store closest to me, but it does not prove to be well stocked...otherwise it's the fact that people are going nuts over the two recent China Glaze collection. It could also be the fact that during the month of December Sally's is having a sale on all China Glaze polishes: 2 for $11 !!! EEK! Everyone calm down and try to make your way to a Sally's store without hurting anyone. Haha. Well I thought it was a decent deal for not having to wait for polishes to arrive in the mail (I like the instant satisfaction :P). Anyway, here is the first of (hopefully many more to come) the Cirque du Soleil collection: Creative Fantasy. All the pics are with flash and under warm artificial light to bring out the purple and reduce the blue-ness of the polish (my camera kept making the polish look blue rather than purple).

 3 coats
 2 coats

Below is 3 coats with and without top coat:
Index & ring: with Seche Vite
Middle & pinky: without TC


Now let me apologize for the first pics, where my polish job is far from perfect. There are all these dents/imperfections and bubbles. This is due to many reasons, but long story short the polish takes super long to dry and is soft when "dry" (not completely dry) resulting in bubbles and dents. 
As you can see Creative Fantasy is a gorgeous dark purple (neon?) that dries to a rubber finish, which I used to hate but I quite like it with this color. This color looks so juicy with top coat on, it is amazing! I have to admit I was really skeptical about this color at first when I saw it in the store, and almost didn't buy it. What a mistake that would have been! Turns out I love the color and don't have anything similar in my collection.

Here are the specs of this polish:
     Sheer: needed atleast 3 coats for full coverage (2 coats still had bald spots)
     Dry time: suuuuper long and when "dry" was easy to make impressions
     Finish: rubber
     Color goes on darker than seen in bottle

Collection swatches: Creative Fantasy, Running In Circles, Surreal Appeal

Another apology for the long post, I did not intend for it to go on and on like it did. So I'm off now! Hope you enjoyed the swatch and thanks for checking out my blog!    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover