Monday 31 December 2012

Swatch - China Glaze Pure Torture (Xmas Mani)

I have been enjoying my xmas vacation too much as you all can see, since I haven't posted anything in awhile. So here is a long overdue Christmas mani post. China Glaze Pure Torture is what I wore before going away for xmas, since I wanted to wear a less traditional Christmas red. I couldn't remove it until Boxing day (it was killing me...I really wanted to wear the new polishes I got for xmas). I had actually been looking for a super bright orangy-red for awhile now. Finally I came across this polish when I was wondering around a store. I am very pleased about the color, this was EXACTLY what I was looking for and couldn't find in the other reds I had been researching. The pictures below are 2 coats with 1 coat of Seche Vite.

Jan 5 Addition: Just found out that this polish was part of the Voodoo That U Do collection (cute name huh?) and still available at Head2Toe Beauty.

Cool artificial light

Cool artificial light with flash

 Warm artificial light with flash

Under warm light this polish tends to look like a bright orange in the pics, but in reality it's very much a red with warm orange tones. So the cool light pics are more color accurate to real life.

This polish dries very shiny (basically didn't need top coat, but I like that Seche Vite dries fast and harder than regular polish). Pigmentation wise it was a bit on the sheer side, even at 2 coats I can still see a bit of nail line; so I would recommend 3 coats for this baby! The removal was easy and staining was not as great of an issue compared to dark colors.

What do you guys think of this color? Was it too far out there for Christmas or just the right amount of non-tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover