Sunday 3 February 2013

NOTD - Superbowl Nails!

Suuuuuuperbowl time! Did you guys watch the superbowl today? It was a real good game, nail biter to the end pretty much. I couldn't decide which team to support, so I did my nails in both team colours. Since I was a little girl I've liked the Baltimore Ravens (my favorite colour is purple, which is their team colour...lame reason I know...but I was ten and it just kind of stuck), but I'm visiting San Francisco and have been here for awhile now so I felt the need to support my "home" team. Anyway, this is what I came up with:

My right hand supported the Ravens using OPI Tomorrow Never Dies and China Glaze Treasure Chest. I used 2 coats of OPI and 3 coats of ChG, all topped with 1 coat of TC. Tomorrow Never Dies was the colour that instantly came to mind when I thought of the Ravens. Since the purple in their uniform is a purple that contains a lot of blue - exactly what TND is! OPI on facebook recommended Pamplona Purple, but I must say that colour is far off from the Ravens uniform. What do you guys think?

My left hand supported the San Francisco 49ners using OPI Danke-Shiny Red and ChG Treasure Chest. Once again 2 coats of OPI and 3 of ChG all with TC. I must say Treasure Chest was the perfect glitter for this occasion. This thing is so SHINY! Definitely draws attention to the nails.

This wasn't the most original manicure I must admit. Originally I was planning on doing a skittle mani, but after I got to this step I fell in love with the simplicity of this look. What nails did you end up sporting for the big game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover