Tuesday 2 April 2013

Dupe? - Am I Claire vs. Steady Rose

If you have browsed around on my blog, you will have noticed I like to categorize my posts. The category being the first word in the post title be it "swatch" or "share". A new category called "dupe?" is now created, where polish comparisons will be made. I used "dupe?" because in my mind I was thinking "dupe or no dupe?" (like a TV show title) but that was simply too long.

On this first episode of "Dupe?", I am comparing Nicole by OPI Am I Making Myself Claire? with OPI Steady As She Rose. Looking online and at the bottles they look almost identical. Once on the nail there are clear differences. AIMMC is definitely a lavender/purple and slightly darker, while SASR is pink and lighter. I was surprised by how purple AIMMC is when I wore it by itself. So there are clearly distinguishable differences between the two.

In the pictures below, I wore 2 coats with top coat for both colours.

Here are some bottle shots to compare the colours. In the first picture, the differences I listed above are very clearly displayed. I thought OPI Rumple's Wiggin' might have similarities with AIMMC, so I put in a bottle shot for good measure. From the picture, RW is in a whole different spectrum from AIMMC. RW is clean with no dustiness and a brighter lavender.
 L-R: OPI Steady As She Rose, NOPI Am I Making Myself Claire?, OPI Rumple's Wiggin'

Conclusion: No dupes here! They are close, but one is pink while the other is lavender. If you have a clear preference for either pink or purple, you can pass up the other polish. However, if you love these types of dusty polishes then you will want both.

Hope you found this comparison helpful. Let me know which shade you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover