Wednesday 3 April 2013

Nail Mail - OPI Replacement for When Monkeys Fly

Some of you may know about the uproar in the nail polish community regarding the curling gold glitters in OPI When Monkeys Fly. In response to the uproar, OPI decided to give a free bottle of polish from the Oz collection to those who have purchased WMF. Here in a short post, I wanted to  talk about the customer service and show the mail packaging.

Customer service from OPI was excellent. I got an email reply from OPI regarding getting a replacement polish the day after I sent my request. In the email, OPI said it would take 2-3 weeks to receive my polish (they are sending it internationally afterall). However, the polish arrived only one week after they sent me that email. I could not have been more pleased.

I took pictures of how they packaged the polish. A lot of thought and care was put in, through the heavy use of bubble wrap and having the polish inside a box. This is exactly what I like to see when I open up my nail mail, my polishes safely cushioned. There are pictures on the internet of girls receiving a sticky, colourful, broken glass mess when they open up their nail mail, and it is heart breaking. Did not happen here!

 Woohoo! From OPI!

 Lots of bubble wrap below and above the polish box.
 These bubbles are humongous! Biggest I have ever seen! Popping these are a little terrifying instead of fun.

 A polish so lonely in an OPI box that holds six.

Which polish did I get? Drum roll please! OPI Don't Burst My Bubble! This was the only one I was missing from the oz collection, so instead of a backup I decided to complete my collection.

This post ended up being longer than I wanted it to be, I will try harder next time. Hopefully, I will have swatches of this polish soon. My basket of "yet to be worn" polishes is actually overflowing. This means it is time for me to go polish my nails now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover