Thursday 11 April 2013

Swatch - Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach

Woohoo! It's sunny outside, spring is finally here! Now we just need the strong winds to stop blowing our town then everything would be perfect. Another nude to be shown today. This is another polish I had given up on finding, but had a major lemming for. I came across it randomly while searching for other polishes (funny how that seems to happen). Even better... it was on sale for only $4.50! I was ecstatic to say the least. One comment about the brushes for these NOPI polishes, I am loving them. They are the bushier version of OPI polishes, meaning more bristles and thicker but with the same pro-wide shape. These makes application a breeze.

Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach is a salmon nude cream. It is part of the Kardashian Kolors collection released in the Spring 2012. This guy is quite the color changer, meaning different lighting, different color. I do also find my hands change color depending on warm/cool lighting. So this polish can look very salmon/peach/rose at times, and light nude at other times. The color is darker and more rosy/salmon on the nail than in the bottle.

Pictures show 2 coats with top coat. These show the polish's nude and less rosy side. Hardly any pictures of the rosy side even on Google images, but darker skintones seem to bring it out more (must be the yellow tones in my skin bringing out the pink).

Specifications:
Formula - decent, streaky first coat
Pigmentation - good, 2 coats no VNL
Finish - medium shine, TC recommended
*Note - really annoying black fibers in polish (I think they are from the brush) that get stuck and part of your mani
*Application tip - light touch and thicker coats to avoid streaking then only need 2 coats, also if do 1st coat thick (minimize streaking and bald spots) will definitely only need 2 coats

I was sad this polish did not live up to my expectations in terms of colour. I had expected this creamy nude, not a salmon. Basically, I loved it when it looked nude (almost achieve mannequin hands) but disliked it when rosy (grandma-like). So depending on your skintone, this polish will look different. Hope this posting helped, since this polish can probably still be found at some drugstores. Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover