Wednesday 29 May 2013

Swatch - OPI Play The Peonies

Swatch swatch swatch! I am trying to swatch as many of my polishes and post them before I leave my stash behind again. This is easier said than done, since I do not do swatchathons like many bloggers. I like wearing each colour as a whole mani to ensure full enjoyment of the polish (I mean that is why I bought it, right?). With nail art and an untried challenge planned, the swatching process will take longer but I am very excited for all that is to come!

OPI Play The Peonies:
Very light pink frost. Nails look like pink pearls! Part of the OPI Nice Stems! Summer 2011 collection. This is a very delicate colour that I can see being popular for weddings. My tip for application is to apply with a very light hand to prevent streaks/patches and minimize brush strokes. Applying top coat helps to minimize brush strokes and bring out pearly shimmer. Pictures show two careful medium coats without top coat.
The picture below shows the pink in this polish against a pure white object held by my hand:

Specification:
Formula - Decent, easy to work with, very subtle patchiness at two medium coats if not applied with gentle touch
Pigmentation - Good, no visible nail line after two medium coats
Shine level - dull, top coat recommended
Prone to - Brush strokes, patchiness
Wear - Chips easily and tip wear visible in 1-2 days
Removal - Easy

I did not love this polish as much as I was hoping, but that is probably because I was not due for a nail palette cleanse, yet. This polish is being used as a base for some nail art, so stay tuned for that!

What are your thoughts on this colour? Do you own something similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover