Thursday 6 June 2013

NOTD - Black Chevron French

Today, I am showing a mani that I have been wanting to do for awhile but never got around to doing: chevron french mani in black and nude. I love the black and nude combo, especially for french manicures!




What was used:
Ring - OPI Play The Peonies and OPI You Glitter Be Good To Me
All other fingers - OPI Mimosas For Mr. & Mrs. and OPI Black Onyx tips


I really liked the overall look and the combination of polishes. My chevron tips were not nearly as clean as they should be, so I will need more practice using tape. This time I tried masking tape instead of scotch tape, not sure which type I like better. I will have to try more tape mani's to determine which kind of tape is better. The reason I wanted to try masking tape was because scotch tape would rip as it is peeled off. This is incredibly frustrating if there is no way to peel the tape off after it rips.

Any tips on doing a french manicure? (haha...tips, get it?) Do you prefer using scotch or masking tape for nail designs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover