Saturday 24 August 2013

Swatch - Orly Royal Navy

Hey everyone~ This one is a beauty today. Lately, I have been obsessing over these royal and evil eye blues that are really popular this year. I feel like I need to have every polish released in this colour category. Few weeks ago, Sally's was having a BOGO sale so I checked out my local Sally's. Unfortunately, their selection is not great and neither do they seem to keep up with recent collections. Therefore, the BOGO event turned out to be the perfect chance for me to get some more Orly's! I really liked Sparkling Garbage (used in this mani) and the price was too good to pass up. I'm happy to say I only bought colours unique to my collection. Today, I am reviewing one of the Orly's I got from Sally's BOGO event.

Orly Royal Navy
Dark royal blue jelly with blue shimmer. Odd thing about this polish is I do not see any VNL in real life, but the camera reveals it...weird. For a jelly, this polish is not sheer at all; very good pigmentation. Without top coat, this guy is unimpressive but with top coat? Oh boy, does it shine! You get incredible depth and shimmer with top coat!

Funny story with this is I applied this polish at a subway station while waiting for a friend. Ghetto, I know. I never thought I would be one of those girls who does a manicure in public, shame on me. Desperate times call for desperate measures my friends! Pictures show two coats with top coat.



Sorry for the blurry picture, but this lighting showed the shimmer in the polish well. Colour accuracy wise, the first two pictures are more accurate.

Specifications:
Formula - Thick, gloopy and a bit tough to spread resulting in thick coats
Pigmentation - Great, a one-coater if thick coat
Dry time - Slower than average
Shine - Between matte and rubberized finish (Top coat highly recommended!)
Wear - Tip wear in a day (but I was on vacation using my hands a lot)
Removal - Easy
Staining - Minimal to none, which is surprising

All in all, I'm very happy with this colour and will definitely be wearing it again. I can't get over how amazingly juicy it looks with top coat on; the transformation is day and night. If you love these dark, vibrant royal blues I highly recommend Royal Navy. You will not be disappointed.

Are you on the royal blue trend bandwagon? How do you like Orly polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover